Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Home Tour!

Christmas conjures up sooo many different emotions and feelings for me and unfortunately near the top of this "emotion" list is stress and panic...so much to do, so little time, so many little and big people around I hope to make it wonderful for and no matter how hard I try I always seem to fall short of expectations, which are for the most part MINE and no one else's!

Don't get me wrong, I know the real meaning of Christmas and completely get that.  There is no other time throughout the season that I feel more centered than standing in church on Christmas Eve, candlelight glowing, Hymns being sung, Scripture being read...particularily if my own little "angels" have chosen to cooperate during these moments...a true blessing all in itself!

I've also read and heard and been told all about simplifying for the Christmas season, but find that no matter how hard I try I'm just not so very good at that!  I LOVE to decorate and I have a thing for Christmas trees, glittery, rustic, big or tiny, I love them all but natural and quirky are my favourite, hands down!  So, since I've started blogging, I've started to follow other's blogs and have seen many gorgeous homes, vignettes, ideas, etc... but realize I cannot do it all, and I likely wouldn't be true to myself if I copied other concepts, so for this year I'm decorating more or less like I've always done which I admit is kinda country, (even though I hate labels!...see previous post!)  a bit rustic, pretty informal and I hope just a little bit fun!

So without further preamble...Welcome to Jen's house tour!...I apologize for subpar photography, I entirely blame the camera, but I fear I haven't been quite good enough this year for Santa to bring me a fancy schmanzy one!









 




















Little kid creations are a must on my Christmas tree!...
  

















...even if they are sometimes gaudy!

















This was made by me when I was 4...does that classify as vintage or antique??








































My lil bro always groans when he sees this, he's 30 now and getting married!...but I love it, reminds me of when he was an imp, running in and jumping on me to wake me up on Christmas morning!  (by the way...he's still an imp!)
  
















Another favourite decoration, anything natural and free!

















About as "glam" as I get! 

 



















A cardinal crafted by my 2 year old...I just love how he stuck the wings on his tummy!


 



































Outside garland and a preview of that unfinished porch ceiling!


 




































some cute and cuddly snowmen crafted by my daughters...
 






















 ...the Seuss tree too!

 





















And...since this is an art blog, my favourite art of all...my kid's!






 















Tiny village handcrafted by mommy and kids...kinda compliments the painting in behind don't ya think?   I'm sneaky like that!

And in case you didn't know, I have a rather large home, so don't worry, this is all spread out, it doesn't look nearly as tacky in real life, at least I don't think so!

By the way...did I mention, right now, while writing I'm just procrastinating? 
            I have commissions to complete,
presents to wrap,
                  cards to write,                                    no baking done,
         church pageant to help organize
                                                                 (how long could it really take to make a camel costume?)
                          and then all that daily stuff too!

Oh yeah...life is good!  I really do mean that, so blessed with so many choices that I simply can't choose!

Have a wonderful day! Jen

No comments: