Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Found my Word for 2011!

Hi All!   Well, 4 days into the New Year, I really can't say I've accomplished a whole lot, but I'm not stressing yet and actually feeling pretty phenomenal right now as I've finally figured out what my "word" for 2011 will be. 
For those of you that are wondering what word?, why does she need a word?...is she crazy?, well...although I'm horrible at linking (so far!) I've been reading on other's blogs how they pick a word for the year and try to live it...I like the idea and realize that in my own backward sort of way I've been doing that a bit anyway, so I've thought and agonized, tried some on for size and threw them out with the bathwater but think I've now finally found one I'll stick with for 2011! 

.................Yay!  I'm sure you're incredibly excited for me, right??.................

Anyway before I introduce you to my 2011 word, I'll give you a background on what I sort of tried to live up to in 2010 to pretty good results..."I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  Philippians 4:13.  I carried it through to alot of activities in my daily life whether in a religious sense, the strength to climb on my elliptical each day, do an art exhibit, do my daily work or tolerate all those intolerable things, etc... etc...   it really worked and I feel genuinely stronger now, but realize that strength is not all I need to journey on my path through this life and sometimes, just sometimes I don't like always being the strong one, so with that trait not mastered but substantially improved, I will now work on my next trait.   Drumroll please....

..............F  A  I  T  H ..................

  There it is, now I intend to live it.  Faith. Yes, first and foremost Faith in God, but faith in so many other things too.  I may be a "churchy" person, but faith is something that has never come easy to me and I'm going to work at changing that.
     I will have faith in my husband -that he really, truly, genuinely loves me and supports me and I don't need to doubt this (yes, I am a little demented that after 15 years married and a long courtship, you'd think I know, but....what can I say, just one of my crazy quirks!) 
               I will have faith in my children- that even though they're far from perfect, they're growing up just fine and learning to be the individuals they need to be (and just because they don't always live up to my exact game plan this does not mean that they're the devil's spawn!)
                         I will have faith in family and friends.  I intend to convince myself that everyone is not judging me.  I read some pretty convincing quotes to that effect in the wee hours this morning like: "Never confuse thoughtlessness with malice" by Robert Charles Whitehead  Besides, I really need to get over myself...do I really think everyone has nothing better to do than examine me?
                                            And finally,  I will have faith in ME.  I will not be neurotic, obsessive, very hard to live with, controlling, manipulative and on and on simply because I don't think I can "be" anyone better. I will have faith that I can succeed in whatever I undertake, I can push my creative limits, I can continue to learn about so many things and in so many ways and I can become who I've always wanted to be.  I  will let go and give in to faith and know that whatever I strive to accomplish, even if I fall flat on my face, that it's okay, I'm still okay.

So all in all a rather pompous post all about me and nothing else!...but then again if I can't talk about me on my blog, then where?

As for my art?...well I did this picture of a tree sometime ago and talked about feeling like I was fighting the wind, maybe I don't always have to...I love this quote by Toni Morrison: "If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it."  Not sure what I'll paint now, but I don't think it will be a tree rooted firmly to the ground!
























Be kind to your shadow.  ~Rebecca Lawless   ...and have a great day!  Jen

3 comments:

Melissa said...

*love* this entry!

Fiona Brownlee said...

Just wanted to let you know that your post inspired me to think about what my word for 2011 will be and I came up with it - TRUST. Thanks Jen keep up the great work.

Free Art Printables said...

Faith is the best sling of all. I hope your 2011 is filled with much blessings and faith. I love the colors in your picture. It's gorgeous and bright.