Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Success and Shortcomings!

Today our Bishop is coming to church and will bless the youth room that we have been working on.  As promised, I am posting a few pics of the end results.  What seems a little too static for my personal taste will no doubt warm up quickly in the weeks and months that follow as the kids put their imprint on the space!






























As for creativity this week?  Well, today is Halloween...I've put my energies into assisting the kids with costume creation, some successful, some not, but all in all lots of fun!  I even dressed up myself for a party...and love the transformative effect makeup and hair have...actually feeling a little dull since returning to plain ole me! (my family thinks I'm fine just as I am...I however think maybe creativity would flow just a little easier if I stuck my hair straight up a bit more often!)
  I've seen some amazing sunrises in the last few mornings and tried to capture them for future painting reference.  For me, the eye always views the scene much more dramatically than images captured with camera.  The other day while rushing past my window and casting a glance out I was awestruck by the few remaining orange leaves on some nearby trees and the contrast of the intensly purple hills making up a distant horizon...absolutely stunning and right there in the middle of my everyday,ordinary I was drawn to them and had to stop.  Feeling a small release of tension as the scene unfolded and I painted it in my mind, I realize this is why I attempt to create, this is affirmation that the world is bigger than my problems and I need to appreciate how very much I already have!  Harried by the pull of other commitments I was forced to settle for the camera image and only hope my memory will serve to correct the insipid nature of the captured image when I finally take brush to canvas!
























 Happy Halloween! Jen   

No comments: