Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

30 in 30....day 23

A couple days ago I managed to squish 2 paintings into one day and so most of this image was painted yesterday.  I anticipated wanting a bit of a break, I didn't anticipate a wicked head cold, regardless my planning ahead paid off...today I had just enough lucidity to add a couple final strokes and post this.

This farmstead is from a photo I took last spring, just a clear and promising spring day travelling around on the back roads.

Now I'm going to curl up and rest.  I have been trying to think up wine label designs, how to create a fabulous sign for our vineyard and all that goes along with that.  I thought that being an artist I'd have all the answers and yet I'm finding committing to an image which will essentially become a brand is one of the hardest things I've done.  Maybe I'll use up a couple of hours attempting to figure that one out this afternoon...and maybe I'll do a little mock up and post here soon!

  
24 x 12
acrylic on canvas


No comments: