Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

30 in 30....day 29

My math genius brother just texted me to point out a couple of facts... two can play the tormenting game, Andrew!  ;)

Fact 1:  I didn't post day 29 and it's already day 30.
Fact 2:  There are 31 days in January not 30...so I need to paint an extra painting.

To address his concerns:

1:  I slipped in under the wire on the link up to Leslie's blog for day 29...it's there now!  I actually started this painting yesterday but didn't get far.  Sam is having a birthday party today...will be starting in minutes and my house was, well, filthy!!!  Because I've been painting all month...and sanding drywall compound didn't help the situation even a little bit.  So yesterday I spent a good deal of time trying to wade out from under the dirt so the "8 year olds" didn't contract some dust borne disease on my watch!

2:  There are indeed 31 days in January...but for the love of all things sacred!  Enough is enough!  I am very happy I took this challenge but -I WANT MY LIFE BACK! I've never done one of these link ups before but apparently we will be creating a collage of all the paintings I've done in the 30 days on day 31...not sure how that works but if I can, I will post the collage here!  And, Andrew, to boast about my own awesome math skills...I suspect we had to end on day 30 because a gridy, collage thingy will only work with numbers that are divisible!  5 rows of 6 or 6 rows of 5 or something like that!  ;)

Anyhoo!  Here is day 29.  I like how it looks but I want to add a little more once it is dry...build on some shadows and light.  The image was snapped on a very dull winter day when I was sitting in the truck waiting for Scott to get something at one of the local lumber yards...the tree caught my eye because it is so tall but so spindly and wobbly. The light and colours I've added are entirely fictitious.

Off to party!  Will post day 30 later....promise!

    
12 x 24
acrylic




1 comment:

Andrew said...

In no way was I tormenting... I've just been enjoying the regular posts!

Also, if you did 31, the vacant square in a 8*4 could be the artists picture and signature? just an idea :)

Loved all the work you did this month Sis!

AD